Thursday 26 March 2009

too much oxide me thinks






Today i got the first look at some of my white clay and glaze experiments, fresh from the kiln I discovered these samples some successful many not so successful. Most of my experiments with iron oxide have come out far darker and redder than i had anticipated. Once fired the white clay has taken on a very oaty colour which i'm so pleased with.

Alongside these ceramic investigations i have been exploring the other methods of making a stain permanent and valuable. I left a series of cloths,cut from bedding and tablecloths around my kitchen and watched them collect stains as my housemates lived around them. i have since begun stitching over the stains. i haven't decided yet if i will leave the stains hidden beneath the stitch or wash the cloths and remove the original stain ...

No comments:

Post a Comment