Friday 8 May 2009

CeramicTransfers






I've been lucky enough to attend a couple of wokshops run by steve Dixon on the making and application of ceramic transfers. I think I may have found my new favorite thing.The possibilities are endless. I've got this realy kitsch mint green tea set just waiting to be jazzed up with some transfer action.
Here are some of my first attemps at some very basic transfers. I made these transfers from the packaging from some paper patterns I bought in the charity shop. I've used metalic enamel to highlight the mens tie pins,buttons,cuffliks even the pens in their pockets.I've stamped a cheesy chat up line on the bottom of each saucer just for my own amusement. I'm looking forward to washing up and discovering the odd 'hey sweetcheeks' !

No comments:

Post a Comment