Friday 8 May 2009

The staining continues





I'm beginning to piece together my work slowly but surely. I have a much clearer idea of what I want to make. Two weeks before hand in deadline = very busy days and nights
Hopefully i'll have them all completed by the middle of next week.
These are photographs of my first attempts at press moulded bowls and plates. Very few of my first attempts have survived the whole process, conditions have changed so much weather wise lately i've really struggled in judging the moistness of the clay. fracturing the forms by coating them in slip when too dry. However I do like some of the broken pots and how they relate to the stains. I've still got lots and lots of stain embroidery ahead of me. I did however get myself an almighty blood blister yesterday by trapping my thumb in a pair of plyers. i'm praying I dont end up with tea and blood stained ceraMics by the end of the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment